Pet dies after house fire in Bountiful

Local News

BOUNTIFUL, Utah (News4Utah) – A pet died after officials responded to a house fire in Bountiful  Sunday afternoon.

The Incident happened at 2423 South and 500 West in Bountiful which was closed for a while as the fire was being extinguished.

The fire began in the kitchen as the homeowners were moving clothes from their motor home into the house. The switch on the kitchen stove was tripped according to Fire Chief Jeff Bassett which started the fire.  

Firefighters say they were able to extinguish the fire fairly quickly. The homeowners did not sustain any injuries, however, their dog died as a result of the fire. 

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.