UTAH COUNTY (ABC4 News)- A person that was hit and killed by a FrontRunner train Wednesday morning in Utah County trespassed on UTA property, officials say.
Carl Arky, Sr. Media Relations Specialist with Utah Transit Authority, said, “Since this has been deemed an intentional act by the person trespassing UTA will not be releasing any further information.”
The incident happened between the Provo and Orem stations at 820 North 2043 West.
The identity of the person will not be released by ABC4.
People can find support, information, and local resources by calling the National Suicide Prevention Hotline at 1-800-273-8255.
What others are reading:
- Woman, son transported to hospital after apartment fire in Salt Lake City
- Haynie family funeral: Father and son speak of faith, community support and keeping memories alive as they move forward
- Utah zoo disputes placement on ‘Worst Zoos for Elephants’ list
- Salt Lake City makes historic appointment
- Tribal leaders oppose new resolution supporting schools using Native American mascots