Standing Rib Roast
Encrusted with rosemary-garlic confit, season with smoke and lava artisan salts.
3 lb. Beef rib roast
1 tbsp. Smoked salt
1 tbsp. Lava salt
1 tbsp. Rosemary Minced
¼ cup Garlic confit Pasted
1. Preparing the meat for roasting; with a boning knife, make crisscrossed incisions over the meat. Procuring to go under the ivory fat, but not deep into the flesh. Pat meat dry with paper towels. Set aside at room temperature for 2 hours.
2. Combine the artisan salts with the rosemary, set aside.
3. With the garlic confit, brush the rib roast; make sure to get inside the crevices of the roast.
4. Sprinkle the salts and rosemary over the roast. Using your hands, help the salt mixture to encrust over the garlic-brushed rib roast.
5. Place in a roasting pan.
6. Preheat oven to 500°F. Roast for approximate 15 minutes or until a nice and crisp crust forms over the roast. Insert oven thermometer.
7. Turn the heat down to 375°F. Roast until internal temperature reaches be 120°F. to 125°F. for rare.
8. 130°F. to 135°F. for medium-rare
9. 140°F. to 145°F. for medium
10. Rib roast is not recommended over 145°F.
11. Set aside to rest before cutting. Tent with foil for at least 5 to 10 minutes.
Southern Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
Ditch the traditional bake potatoes, this easy Swedish dish is recreated with sweet potatoes to sweeten our holiday table.
Recipe by Chef Freyka
4 medium Sweet potatoes Peeled/washed/dried/sliced across, but not all the way.
½ cup Butter Melted/extra for the beginning of roasting
¼ cup Maple syrup
½ cup Pecans Toasted and chopped
1 large Orange Zest
Salt and pepper As needed/to taste
1. Preheat oven at 400°F. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil. Set aside
2. Prepare the sweet potatoes for baking. Cut a thin slice off from the sweet potato, this side will keep the sweet potatoes from rolling when baking.
3. Slice the potatoes about halfway cut through into thin slices. Line sweet potatoes on the baking sheet.
4. In a small sauce pan, over medium heat, add the butter, maple syrup, pecans, and orange zest; season with salt and pepper.
5. Brush sweet potatoes all over with the extra butter; season with salt. Roast in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
6. While roasting the sweet potatoes, brush occasionally with the prepared butter-maple mixture, approximately every 15-minutes.
7. Roast until fork-tender and slightly gooey outside.
8. Serve warm.