(ABC4 News) – On Saturday evening, a female pedestrian ran into traffic on the freeway, causing two separate crashes, according to Utah Highway Patrol.
Salt Lake Dispatch said the incident occurred at around 10:50 p.m. No injuries were sustained in the two crashes. One crash involved a male subject who abandoned his vehicle and attempted to steal another vehicle with a female passenger and child inside.
The subject did not succeed and fled the scene. The incident resulted in a closure of 1-15 at 13800 South for roughly 45 minutes while officials cleared travel lanes.
The pedestrian was taken into custody and the crashes were cleared by 12:19 a.m. early Sunday.
What others are reading:
- Who’s the favorite to be named Super Bowl LV MVP?
- Talking Pictures: “The Little Things” hits theaters and HBO Max
- Wish you had a guard dog? Amazon has a new feature for that
- Utah lawmakers test positive for virus, activists target meeting
- Security preps going into place in Tampa ahead of Super Bowl LV