Overloaded extension cord sparks house fire in Bountiful

Local News

BOUNTIFUL, Utah (ABC4 News) – A fire caused an estimated $100,000 in damage to a home in Bountiful.

South Davis Metro Fire crews responded to 210 South 350 West in Bountiful Thursday.

When crews arrived, the three adults that were home at the time has self-evacuated.

It took about 10 minutes for firefighters to extinguish the flames.

There were five cats in the home. Four were rescued, but one died in the fire. No injuries were reported to any of the residents.

Investigators determined the cause of the fire was an overloaded extension cord.

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Latest News Videos

911 dispatchers use innovative approach to respond to domestic violence calls

Thumbnail for the video titled "911 dispatchers use innovative approach to respond to domestic violence calls"

Video shows moment National Guard finds missing kayakers

Thumbnail for the video titled "Video shows moment National Guard finds missing kayakers"

Lost kayaker rescue 6pm

Thumbnail for the video titled "Lost kayaker rescue 6pm"

Earthlings descend on tiny Nevada town for ‘Storm Area 51’

Thumbnail for the video titled "Earthlings descend on tiny Nevada town for ‘Storm Area 51’"

Make-A-Wish Drive for Wishes campaign, driving through Utah to grant wishes

Thumbnail for the video titled "Make-A-Wish Drive for Wishes campaign, driving through Utah to grant wishes"

DNA technology available at Utah State Crime lab changing how we look at forensic evidence

Thumbnail for the video titled "DNA technology available at Utah State Crime lab changing how we look at forensic evidence"
More Video News

Don't Miss

The Mel Robbins Show

Trending Stories