TAYLORSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – One person was killed and another seriously injured after a roof collapsed in Taylorsville Wednesday afternoon.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray said the incident happened just after 2 p.m. near 4700 South 1900 West.
Matt McFarland Unified Fire Authority Public Information Officer said the roof of a shed gave way, trapping two men underneath who were heard screaming for help.
Police said David Sligar, 64, of Layton died at the scene, and the other man was transported to the hospital and was talking with first responders.
McFarland said the shed was 15 x 15 in size and believe weather played a factor because of the snow on the shed. The walls were displaced and the entire roof fell flat.
Crews do not know if the men were working on the roof or just exactly how it collapsed when it did.
What others are clicking on:
- Utah Legislature passes controversial tax overhaul bill
- House panel delays historic Trump impeachment vote
- Former NBA Commissioner Stern has emergency brain surgery
- Trump administration continues conversations on paid family leave, child care
- ‘Come here’: Family says they don’t feel safe in home after someone hacked their Ring camera, yelled at them