OGDEN, Utah (ABC4) – A residential house fire in Ogden caused an estimated $80,000 in damages early Thursday morning.
Authorities say a bystander reported the home in the 2500 block of Monroe Boulevard on fire shortly after 2:45 a.m., saying they could see heavy smoke and flames.
Upon arrival, crews found heavy fire coming from the back of the structure.
Ogden City Fire crews were able to quickly mitigate fire conditions and contain the blaze to the rear of the building.
Shortly after 3 a.m., the fire was out, authorities say.
The home was vacant at the time of the fire.
Officials say the blaze caused an estimated $80,000 in damages and remains under investigation.
No injuries were reported.
- What was that loud ‘boom’ you just heard?
- Nationwide COVID-19 vaccine shortage impacting Utah
- Man arrested after allegedly stabbing teen at least 16 times in Layton
- Local drivers worry about the number of incidents and close calls on Mountain View Corridor
- Weber-Morgan Health Department facing challenges, finding solutions