MILLCREEK, Utah (ABC4 News) –The Salt Lake District Attorney’s Office walks through the events involving a fatal officer-involved shooting in East Millcreek in February.
*Warning* Graphic content and strong language is anticipated.
Unified police said officers responded to a home on February 3 near 2500 East Evergreen on the report of a domestic situation with a gun.
Police said when they arrived, they encountered Marc Dominic Neal, 56, who police said was armed with a firearm.
“He was threatening suicide a few days ago — he didn’t have a weapon. So, within the last few days, somehow he obtained a weapon and this is what happened,” said Sequan Kolibas, Neal’s sister.
“I don’t think he’s been taking his meds, and when he mixes it with methamphetamine he gets — he does get violent,” added Kolibas.
Police said “officers attempted for several minutes to de-escalate the situation and convince Neal to put the firearm down” before shots were fired. Neal was killed in the shooting.
Six UPD officers were placed on administrative leave during the investigation.
What others are clicking on:
- Former first lady Michelle Obama shares a makeup free selfie for her birthday
- Summit County to participate in moment of silence for victims of COVID-19
- The men’s beard trend that is so 2021
- Mayor Wilson, Lt. Gov. Henderson give briefing after touring Salt Lake Co. mass vaccination site
- UTAH CORONAVIRUS: State reaches 1,500 total virus-related deaths