Utah (ABC4 News) — As Utah COVID-19 numbers continue to stay high, Nuzzles & Co. Pet Rescue and Adoption announced they will continue giving free pet food and litter to pet owners who are suffering from financial insecurity during the pandemic through Dec. 13 2020.
“We are also so thankful for community members who stop by and donate food and funds during these pet food drives”, said Caitlin Cruz, events coordinator. “We go right out and buy more food for the animals who need it most – thanks animal lovers spreading the love!
This Sunday, November 29, from 3:00-5:00* pm, the Nuzzles vehicle, staff, and volunteers
will be in Magna’s at the Smith’s Marketplace parking lot at 8055 West 3500 South.
“We send a special thanks to the Jason Heigl Foundation* who, through a grant extension to Nuzzles & Co., has made Pop-Up Pet Pantry possible”, said Lindsay Ortega, executive director. “We empathize
with families struggling because of COVID-19 job loss and layoffs – often, these are people in our
community who serve others and in particular, are being hit hard”, said Orgeta. “I would also like to
thank the Nuzzles staff and volunteers, who are so happy to help others! They brave the cold winter
weather passing out food and supplies at our safe drive-up locations in the Smith’s parking lots Magna and Rose Park areas to make sure pets are taken care of.
ROSE PARK- Dec. 6, 3-5* pm: Smith’s Marketplace (parking lot) at 1174 W 600 N, SLC, UT
MAGNA- Dec. 13, 3-5* pm: Smith’s Marketplace (parking lot) at 8055 W 3500 S, Magna, UT
(*3:00-5:00 pm or as long as supplies last.)
SUMMIT COUNTY (Peoa)- 24/7 Blue Barrell’s outside entrance food & supply drop off / pick up:
6466 N Highview Rd, Peoa, UT
*3-5 pm or until donations run out.
Pop-Up Pantry Guidelines and Reminders are listed below:
- We can only give enough food and litter for one household per car.
- Stay in your car and a line will form in the parking lot.
- We will support feral cat colonies in the last hour of each pantry, do not show up before then for colony support.
- We will be in PPE, and require that you also wear a face covering and practice social distancing with us to keep our staff and volunteers safe.
- Lastly, please be patient with us as we work to provide the appropriate supplies for everyone in need.
Learn more about pantry support and donation drop-offs.