Update: The fire is completely extinguished.
MARRIOTT-SLATERVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – At least 30 firefighters from seven fire districts responded to a commercial fire in Marriott-Slaterville, according to a tweet from Weber Fire District.
Officials say the single alarm fire occurred on 1527 South 1100 West. According to the tweet, the initial report was that an RV located between two buildings caught fire, eventually causing the buildings to also catch fire.
Weber Fire District Deputy Chief Britt Clark said there was one person in the RV who was taken to the hospital for burns. The individual is expected to recover.
Officials say units from Weber, Ogden, Riverdale, Roy, South Ogden, Northview, South Weber, and Plain City responded to the scene.
Weber Fire District tweeted that one firefighter was sent to the hospital for a laceration on his arm which occurred during the fire. He is expected to recover.
Officials are continuing to investigate the cause of the fire.
This is a developing story, information will be shared as it becomes available.
What others are clicking on:
- Multi day storm event—wet weather to stay through weekend
- Jazz get hot in Minnesota and knock off Timberwolves, 127-116
- Many Republicans & Democrats still not on board with tax reform proposal
- Amazon presents Volunteers of America, Utah with $30K donation to fight homelessness
- USPS expects a busy holiday season