WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police are still looking for the suspect vehicle in a fatal shooting Sunday.
Neko Jardine was shot and killed near 5600 West and 4300 South at a house party he was attending.
“He just spread love everywhere he went,” said cousin Stefie Munk.
She says Jardine was a standout football player for Kearns High School and had recently graduated.
“Neko was not in a gang, he did not do drugs, he did not drink alcohol — he was not involved in all of that. So, we just want people to know who he really was,” said Munk.
On Sunday, police say two vehicles showed up outside a West Valley home just after midnight. Some kind of altercation ensued.
From the vehicles, police say, came numerous shots.
“He was trying to stop the fight, like — we’re not fighting. and that’s the kind of kid he was,” said Munk.
Police have released surveillance imagery showing a possible suspect vehicle.
“My cousin is dead. Please, somebody — please say something. Please come forward,” said Munk.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Those struggling with opioid misuse can call 2-1-1 for support, treatment options
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- Police searching for suspect in Eagle Mountain armed robbery