WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police are still looking for the suspect vehicle in a fatal shooting Sunday.
Neko Jardine was shot and killed near 5600 West and 4300 South at a house party he was attending.
“He just spread love everywhere he went,” said cousin Stefie Munk.
She says Jardine was a standout football player for Kearns High School and had recently graduated.
“Neko was not in a gang, he did not do drugs, he did not drink alcohol — he was not involved in all of that. So, we just want people to know who he really was,” said Munk.
On Sunday, police say two vehicles showed up outside a West Valley home just after midnight. Some kind of altercation ensued.
From the vehicles, police say, came numerous shots.
“He was trying to stop the fight, like — we’re not fighting. and that’s the kind of kid he was,” said Munk.
Police have released surveillance imagery showing a possible suspect vehicle.
“My cousin is dead. Please, somebody — please say something. Please come forward,” said Munk.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Back to school items with Dawn’s Corner
- The best-paying occupations that don’t require an advanced degree
- Story behind what is now Vivint Smart Home Arena
- 6400 Fire 50% contained after destroying a home, structures near Fruitland
- Utahns ask Senators Romney and Lee to support COVID-19 relief extension