MURRAY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Murray Police Department is warning the public about a jury duty scam going around.
Murray police say the scammer calls and accuses their victim of not showing up for jury duty. They then ask for the victim to pay a fine in the form of gift cards.
No courts will request gift cards for any reason at all, according to police.
What others are reading:
- Man shot by police to face trial on assault charges
- ‘It’s a powerless feeling’: Troopers describe being hit, urge drivers to slow down in inclement weather
- Stabbing reported at Millcreek bowling alley
- Police have a person of interest in suspicious death of Holladay woman
- Thousands of ‘penis fish’ wash onto Bay Area beach