WEST VALLEY CITY (ABC4 News) – Three people were transported to the hospital with injuries of varying degrees of severity after crash in West Valley City.
The crash happened around 2:30 p.m. forcing the closure of Mountain View Corridor from 6200 South to 7800 South.
West Valley City police said a car with a male driver was traveling east on 6200 South when it ran a red light and collided with another car traveling north on Mountain View Corridor.
The male driver in the first car was transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
The occupants of the second car, a man and woman, were taken to the hospital with serious injuries.
The impacted stretch of road was closed for several hours while crews investigated the crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Tapping the Bear River: Utilizing a crucial water source or creating a ‘disaster’?
- Airmen from Hill Air Force Base deployed into combat
- Sondland: ‘Everyone was in the loop’
- ICE trying to bypass California’s for-profit prison ban, lawmakers say
- Lawmakers urge MLB to reverse course on eliminating certain minor league teams