SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 Utah) – Lines wrapped around the Salt Lake Airport Wednesday morning as thousands boarded planes to get to their turkey dinner. The Salt Lake airport is expecting 25,000 travelers on Wednesday alone.
Facebook Live from the airport:
According to TripAdvisor’s Annual Thanksgiving Travel Survey, 21% of Americans will be traveling to their destinations Wednesday, and 23% of them will be flying. Air travel is up 6% compared with last year.
The top Thanksgiving travel destinations are New York City, L.A., Chicago, and Boston.
A few tips if you are headed to the airport before Thanksgiving:
- Skip the Check-In line and check-in online or on your mobile phone
- Have your boarding pass and I.D. ready
- Any liquids must be in containers measuring 3.4oz or less
- Wear shoes that are easy to slip on and off
- Get to the airport 2 hours early
For more information on what you can and can’t pack, see the TSA website.