MILLCREEK, Utah (ABc4 News) – Officials with Millcreek declared a State of Emergency Thursday in light of coronavirus.
“I declared a State of Emergency for Millcreek as a preemptive precaution against a Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak in our city. While we have yet to confirm the spread of the virus here, we have received information that students in several of our Millcreek schools may have been exposed to the virus, thus expanded precautions are warranted to ensure we do everything possible to contain the spread of the virus or slow it down to protect our healthcare system from being overwhelmed,” says Jeff Silvestrini, Mayor of Millcreek.
What others are clicking on:
- Beto O’Rourke snaps at heckler over Uvalde shooting: ‘It may be funny to you motherf—–‘
- Why the WHO is renaming monkeypox
- Pro-Trump backlash to FBI search fuels concern over political violence
- Herriman man charged with breaking his dog’s leg
- What is the new Langya virus that has infected 35 people in China