PROVO, Utah (ABC4 News) – Only minor injuries were reported after a semi-truck caught fire on Interstate 15 in Provo Tuesday night.
The incident occurred in the southbound lanes of I-15 near University Avenue.
Utah Highway Patrol said a vehicle dropped a mattress in the road, and a semi-truck hauling potatoes could not avoid the mattress and drove over it.
Troopers said the mattress caught fire and the fire eventually spread to the semi.
One lane was closed while crews fought the blaze, but traffic moved slowly and steadily through the area.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Motorcyclist shot by police in Holladay traffic altercation was state fugitive
- The Justice Files: Remembering Brylee
- Less than 10: Flatten the Curve, new initiative aims to steady coronavirus case spike in Cache County
- How many confirmed COVID-19 cases are in Salt Lake County schools?
- ‘Red flag warning’: Governor Gary Herbert reacts to Utah’s Covid-19 spike