WEST VALLEY CITY (ABC4 News) – West Valley City police identified the victim in a deadly auto-pedestrian crash.
The crash happened near 3850 South Redwood Road at 10 p.m. Monday.
Police said 13-year-old Benjamin Heber was hit by a car as he was attempting to cross the street. He was not in a crosswalk when he was struck.
Heber was rushed to the hospital where he later died.
Draper police said Heber ran away from the Juvenile Receiving Center in South Salt Lake a couple of hours before the crash.
Police said the driver of the vehicle cooperating with the investigation.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Protesters gather outside Salt Lake City police headquarters
- Governor Herbert declares state of emergency due to civil unrest
- NWSL Challenge Cup schedule released
- Salt Lake DA: 40-50 arrested, police and protester actions being examined
- Latter-day Saint president releases statement about racism, calls for human dignity