MILLCREEK, Utah (ABC4 News) – A grandmother is undergoing surgery after being stabbed by her 26-year-old grandson multiple times Monday morning.
Unified Police Detective Kevin Mallory said the incident happened 3540 E. Loren Von Circle around 6 a.m.
The woman’s grandson, identified as Zachary L. Raynor, called 911 himself reporting that he had stabbed the woman several times in the abdomen.
Raynor was taken into custody and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail on charges of attempted homicide and mayhem.
The grandmother was listed in critical but stable condition after undergoing surgery at the hospital.
Unified Police said the grandfather was in the home at the time and the last two calls to the home in March were on a report of a family offense and a suspicious person however those details were not released.
A background check for Raynor shows the following offenses:
June 7 2019: Still facing charges of criminal mischief and disorderly conduct.
April 5 2019: arrested for assault.
October 2018: guilty of drug possession.
Aug 2018: Convicted of Class C misdemeanor DV disorderly conduct: He was put on 18-month probation (starting November 2018) with jail sentence of 180 days suspended
Feb 2018: convicted of retail theft.
Nov 2016: guilty of intoxication, and charges of disorderly conduct and giving false info to officers was dismissed.
Mar 2015: guilty of driving under the influence.
What others are clicking on:
- How many COVID-19 cases? And in what schools? Alpine School District modifies dashboard to better inform the community
- Amber Alert: Police seeking six-year-old taken by his possibly “dangerous” mother
- Possible link between High Altitude and Veteran Suicide
- AMBERT ALERT: Police ask for help locating 6-year-old missing from Millcreek
- Wildfire over Veyo Volcano human-caused, 75% contained