SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Police are investigating a crash on the 10600 South overpass above Interstate 15 in Sandy Tuesday night.
Sandy police said at 7:42 p.m. a Mitsubishi Mirage was making a northbound turn on 10600 South when a westbound Kia Sorento broadsided the Mitsubishi.
The 34-year-old male passenger of the Mitsubishi was confirmed dead, according to police. The 18-year-old driver sustained unknown injuries.
The occupants of the Kia, a 19-year-old driver and two 15-year-old passengers suffered minor injuries, police said.
Westbound 10600 South will remain closed for the next couple of hours as police investigate the crash.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing