UTAH (ABC4) – Residents all across the state of Utah received a notification from the Emergency Alert System at 9 p.m., Sunday. In addition to addressing the state of COVID-19 in Utah, the alert previewed an address from the governor to all Utahns at exactly 9:30 p.m.
The EAS notification that pinged smartphones all across the beehive state said that hospitalizations and case growth due to COVID-19 are unsustainable.
In Governor Herbert’s address, he announced a new state of emergency, a statewide mask mandate, restrictions on social gatherings, and expanded testing.
- 3 people stabbed at Denny’s in Orem, police investigating
- Mike Conley named to his first NBA All-Star Game
- COVID-19 long hauler reflects on last year; She’s hopeful for breakthroughs, treatment, and answers
- Otters at Loveland Living Planet Aquarium celebrate 11th birthday
- The Justice Files: Male DNA on penny found at Elizabeth Salgado gravesite