HERRIMAN, Utah (ABC4 News) – Firefighters quickly extinguished a small brush fire at Camp Williams Thursday evening.
Herriman City officials said the fire was started by lightning on a mountaintop southwest of Herriman and on an isolated portion of the Utah National Guard’s property.
Unified Fire Authority wildland personnel and military helicopters responded to the scene. Crews were able to get the fire under control “relatively quickly,” officials said.
The fire burned about half an acre.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Mandatory evacuations no longer in effect due to wildfire burning above Olympus Cove on SLC’s East bench
- Firefighters battling 2-alarm structure fire in South Salt Lake
- 2 firefighters help deliver baby boy in California parking lot
- Firefighters battle 2 wildfires in Tooele County
- Hospitalizations on the rise; area hospitals struggle with staffing