TOOELE COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters are battling multiple wildfires in Tooele County Thursday evening.
State fire officials confirmed the several small fires burning around the county were all caused by lightning.
Utah Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands Public Information Officer Jason Curry said crews are responding to fires, and weather conditions are favorable. Precipitation is aiding in the firefight.
Curry said more fires may pop up throughout the night due to storms passing through the area.
Utah Department of Transportation reported a fire affecting the roadway along State Route 138 and forcing the closure of the roadway at the I-80 junction near Grantsville.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- New frontier for drones: Letting them fly out of sight
- Trump White House bid threatens GOP midterm strategy
- Joe Rogan says he’s passed on opportunities to have Trump on podcast
- BEHIND THE BADGE: Fire Marshal helps to prevent wildfires
- ‘Animals devoured themselves to avoid starvation,’ investigators alleging mistreatment at sanctuary say