TOOELE COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Firefighters are battling multiple wildfires in Tooele County Thursday evening.
State fire officials confirmed the several small fires burning around the county were all caused by lightning.
Utah Division of Forestry, Fire & State Lands Public Information Officer Jason Curry said crews are responding to fires, and weather conditions are favorable. Precipitation is aiding in the firefight.
Curry said more fires may pop up throughout the night due to storms passing through the area.
Utah Department of Transportation reported a fire affecting the roadway along State Route 138 and forcing the closure of the roadway at the I-80 junction near Grantsville.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Clarkson pours in 23 points as Jazz beat Denver for 5th straight victory, 109-105
- Two small groups of protestors met with heavy police presence at Utah State Capitol
- Red Rocks come up short against defending national champion Oklahoma
- Near deadly collision: Vehicle strikes Salt Lake City man, officers investigate scene
- ‘Today was our best-case scenario’, Governor Cox reacts to peaceful protestors, Sunday