SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints released a statement with updates on the Church’s ongoing effort to adjust how people refer to the name of the Church.
Church officials released the following about different Church platforms and their changed handles.
The following is from the release.
Mobile Apps: Many of the Church’s mobile apps are being renamed to align with the recent direction from Church leaders regarding the naming of Church products.
- LDS Tools is now Member Tools. This app provides a congregational directory and calendar, missionary referral tools and directions to nearby chapels and temples.
- LDS Media Library is now Gospel Media on the mobile app as well as online. This app is the Church’s library of all public video, images and music.
- Mormon Messages is now Inspirational Messages. These videos usually feature an inspirational story about a Church member or a teaching of a Church leader.
- LDS Music is now Sacred Music. This application offers sheet music in addition to text-only versions of hymns and songs, audio recordings (instrumental and vocal) and indexes for topics, authors and composers.
- LDS Sing-Along is now Sing-Along Hymns. This app provides beautiful imagery to accompany sacred hymns and songs.
- The Gospel Library app keeps the same name
“Eventually, Mormon.org will be incorporated into the new domain as well. However, because its primary audience is those outside the Church, merging it with the Church member-focused ChurchofJesusChrist.org will take more time,” the Church’s statement reads.
Church officials will also consolidate social media accounts.
- A new Facebook group has been established to build community and better inform individuals about Church news and updates. This group is called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—Inspiration and News.”
- The Church’s Twitter account display name will continue to be called “The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints” with the username of @ChurchNewsroom and will be the primary source on social media for news from the Church.
They’ve also changed email domains. The email addresses of all Church employees, general Church leaders, and many volunteers will begin using the @ChurchofJesusChrist.org domain instead of the current @ldschurch.org.
“Much work remains, particularly as the Church make changes to products in numerous languages throughout the world. The First Presidency asks Latter-day Saints and others “to be patient and courteous as changes are made.”