DRAPER, Utah (ABC4 News) – Corrections officials at the Utah State Prison are investigating after a man was found dead in his cell Saturday night.
According to Kaitlin Felsted, public information officer for the Department of Corrections, the inmate was found unresponsive in his cell in the Oquirrh Facility at the Utah State Prison late Saturday night.
The death is being investigated as a possible homicide.
Family of the deceased inmate have been notified. Names are not being released at this time due to the incident being under investigation.
What others are clicking on:
- Armed man dies in officer-involved shooting in Huntsville
- UPDATE: Range Fire in Orem now 88% contained, over 3400 acres burned
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
- ‘Mom code’: Parents reportedly avoid testing kids to keep Utah COVID-19 numbers artificially low
- Second stimulus checks: White House less optimistic than Pelosi on pre-election deal