GRANTSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Rhonda Fields, Public Information Officer with the Grantsville Police Department released the names of the five victims involved in a Grantsville quadruple homicide Friday.
Fields said there are four deceased members of the same family, mother Consuelo Alejandra Haynie, 52, 15-year-old Alexis Haynie, 14-year-old Mathew Haynie, and 12-year old Milan Haynie.
The father of the family, Colin Haynie, was transported to the hospital by an unknown individual. Fields said Colin has left the hospital and is believed to be in stable condition.
Officials said it is of “no concern where the gun came from.” Fields said the shooter was transported to a local hospital where the juvenile surrendered peacefully. Officials said the shooter is refusing to speak with police at this time.
Watch press release from Grantsville:
Fields says the juvenile shooter has been booked on four counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted aggravated murder and multiple counts of felony discharge of a firearm.
The juvenile, who police say is believed to be a relative of the family is being held at a juvenile detention center.
Formal charges are being screed by the District Attorney.
What others are clicking on:
- Border patrol SWAT teams to help ICE track down undocumented immigrants
- Man accused of evading officers, assaulting homeowner in Box Elder County
- Investigators release notarized letter left behind with man’s body found in Tooele freezer
- Community rallies behind man who lost job at Taylorsville Walmart
- Amazon driver rescues man while delivering package