GRANTSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Rhonda Fields, Public Information Officer with the Grantsville Police Department released the names of the five victims involved in a Grantsville quadruple homicide Friday.
Fields said there are four deceased members of the same family, mother Consuelo Alejandra Haynie, 52, 15-year-old Alexis Haynie, 14-year-old Mathew Haynie, and 12-year old Milan Haynie.
The father of the family, Colin Haynie, was transported to the hospital by an unknown individual. Fields said Colin has left the hospital and is believed to be in stable condition.
Officials said it is of “no concern where the gun came from.” Fields said the shooter was transported to a local hospital where the juvenile surrendered peacefully. Officials said the shooter is refusing to speak with police at this time.
Watch press release from Grantsville:
Fields says the juvenile shooter has been booked on four counts of aggravated murder, one count of attempted aggravated murder and multiple counts of felony discharge of a firearm.
The juvenile, who police say is believed to be a relative of the family is being held at a juvenile detention center.
Formal charges are being screed by the District Attorney.
What others are clicking on:
- Man shot, killed in Midvale by police had told officers to ‘shoot me’ January case
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- GOP senator to introduce bill reimbursing parents $800 for remote learning expenses
- ‘Thank you for everything’: Oklahoma man battling COVID-19 texts mom before going into coma
- 3 more deaths, 1,077 test positive for COVID-19 in Utah