WEST VALLEY CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Hundreds of people came out to West Valley City on Saturday to join in the 16th annual celebration of the Day of the Dead.
The celebration was held at the Utah Cultural Celebration Center at 1355 West 3100 South.
The festivities began with the Aztecs and was passed on to the Spanish Conquistadors who settled current day Mexico and Central America.
The holiday honors, celebrates and remembers the lives of those who have gone before us.
What others are clicking on:
- ‘It was solidarity’: Community members march through streets after Chauvin guilty verdict
- The verdict brings new conversation
- The facts on Utah’s medical marijuana program
- George Floyd’s girlfriend reacts to Derek Chauvin verdict
- Behind The Badge: 911 dispatcher Heather Robinson assists in a special delivery