SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Utah County Fire Marshal’s Office responded to a house fire near Sundance Resort in Provo Canyon Tuesday morning. The firefighters assisted North Fork Fire Rescue to put out the flames.

The fire started in a detached garage that only had a small apartment above it. The firefighters were able to stop the flames before it reached the main residence or any of the surrounding forest.

The fire was caused by a malfunctioning light fixture. No one was injured in the fire.

Click here to download the ABC4 Utah News app for the first alerts on your phone. Sign up for the ABC4 Utah breaking news and daily newsletters.