Hogle Zoo issues warning after sea lion pukes up toddler’s sock

Local News
Diego Seal_1547656009497.PNG.jpg

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Hogle Zoo issued a warning Tuesday after their sea lion puked up a toddler’s sock Monday morning. 

Keepers at the zoo noticed “Diego”, the zoo’s male sea lion, was not feeling well on Sunday. They said he had lost interest in training and had no interest in treats. 

On Monday, Diego puked up a toddler’s sock and eventually started to recover.

“We are extremely relieved he was able to get the sock out and is back out swimming in Rocky Shores, harassing Maverick,” said in a statement on the zoo’s Facebook page. “Friends, animals can die from eating foreign objects.”

The zoo is asking all visitors to keep track of their belongings near animals enclosures.

“Watch those little toddler socks, gloves, flip-flops, phones etc,” the statement continued. “And please, if you do drop something, please tell someone! Do not feel too embarrassed to let us know. We can retrieve the item if we know about it.”

Copyright 2019 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

Hide Custom HTML H2 CSS