SALT LAKE COUNTY (ABC4 News) A hiker died after a fall in Big Cottonwood Canyon Wednesday, according to police.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray said search and rescue crews were called to the canyon in the afternoon on the report that a hiker had fallen about 15 feet.
Crews located the man and he was hoisted off the mountain around 5:30 p.m. The victim was placed in ambulance, but police said he died on the way to the hospital.
Thursday he was identified as Wade Joseph Meade, 29, of Park City.
Police said the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Police identify handyman shot and killed outside home in West Valley City
- Parents angered over yearbook cover photo for Missouri elementary school
- Officer accused in Floyd’s death previously opened fire on 2 people
- Supercross returns to racing this weekend in Utah
- Campground use increases in pandemic, sparking bad behavior