SALT LAKE COUNTY (ABC4 News) A hiker died after a fall in Big Cottonwood Canyon Wednesday, according to police.
Unified Police Sgt. Melody Gray said search and rescue crews were called to the canyon in the afternoon on the report that a hiker had fallen about 15 feet.
Crews located the man and he was hoisted off the mountain around 5:30 p.m. The victim was placed in ambulance, but police said he died on the way to the hospital.
Thursday he was identified as Wade Joseph Meade, 29, of Park City.
Police said the investigation into the incident is ongoing.
- Florida lawmakers consider move to reverse stripping Disney of self-governing status: report
- Pentagon unveils new nuclear stealth bomber after years of secrecy
- Guy Reschenthaler to be House GOP chief deputy whip
- Alex Jones files for bankruptcy as damages owed to Sandy Hook families total nearly $1.5B: report
- 10 LA middle school students appear to overdose on edible cannabis