The Rescue Mission of Salt Lake is holding a Thanksgiving banquet for people in need Wednesday. The Rescue Mission is a lot more than just a homeless shelter.
Masha McFadden talks about some of the emergency services provided by the Rescue Mission of Salt Lake.
Emergency services to help save people’s lives include
- Meals – three meals a day
- Shelter – Every night of the year
- Clothing – to not only keep people warm, but to enable them to have the items they need to obtain employment.
- Hygiene – basic life necessities we all need, a place to use the restroom, shower, brush our teeth, et-al.
- Day Room – a place to stay in the middle of the day especially during inclement weather when it is dangerous to be outside
Rescue Mission of Salt Lake needs help providing all emergency services.
Here’s how you can help:
- Food Drives for meals
- Clothing Drives for clothing, socks, shoes, coats, etc.
- Hygiene items: Tooth brushes and past, disposable razors, shampoo – the basics of life.
- Volunteer to help serve in the kitchen, sort clothing, or just sit and talk with a person.
- Financial assistance to help run the facilities: $1 provides a meal, $10 provides a full day of service for one of our homeless friends
For more ways you can help or to donate visit RescueSaltLake.org