HOLLADAY, Utah (ABC4 Utah)- The Salt Lake County Health Department has closed down a restaurant for violating several health codes.
The Spice Bistro calls themselves “Utah’s Best Indian Cuisine” but the health department says eating there is a health hazard.
The restaurant, located at 6121 South Highland Drive, was found with 22 critical violations including:
- Rat feces in the establishment.
- Live and dead cockroaches in the establishment.
- Food measuring too warm or too cold.
- No soap at the sink used by employees.
- Food in the storage room is not covered to prevent contamination.
- Chemicals are stored above food.
The bistro will remain closed until inspectors say it is safe to open.
Wondering how the restaurants you eat at are doing? Click here to see their health inspection reports.