SALT LAKE CITY (News4Utah) – Salt Lake City Fire Department responded to a natural gas leak near the Grand America Hotel Friday morning.
Crews arrived at 600 S. Main St. to find a high concentration of natural gas in the soil on the southwest corner of 500 S. and Main St. (south of the Grand America Hotel).
The TRAX line was shut down in the area. Vehicle and pedestrian traffic were closed in both directions between 500 and 600 S. on Main St. until about noon.
A small leak, perhaps smaller than a paper-hole punch, was found and repaired on a four-inch plastic line.
No evacuations were necessary, and no injuries were reported.