SYRACUSE (ABC4 News) – JP Gibson is now a two-time cancer survivor. In October 2014, the then 5-year-old JP got the opportunity to sign a one day contract with the Utah Jazz.
It was at that time he had beaten cancer for the first time. Unfortunately, in July 2017 just before turning 8, cancer returned, and he began his journey to fight it once again.
Two years later, JP is about to finish treatment for his relapse. To celebrate, his family threw him a party at The Rush Funplex in Syracuse on Monday night.
Family and friends gathered with JP and chanted “No More Chemo” to him in honor of his final chemo.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- Two children sickened by THC-infused candy received from food bank
- Latter-day Saint changes, speaker’s talk about church’s Restoration
- General Conference: New symbol, call for second global fast and youth speakers
- Another cruise ship with virus victims docking in Florida
- Trump says ‘toughest’ weeks ahead as coronavirus spreads