Tuesday morning all evacuations were lifted.
Crews estimate they will have full containment of the fire by 1 p.m. They say the fire burned about 10 acres, but no structures were lost.
SALT LAKE COUNTY (ABC4 News) A wildfire in Emigration Canyon forced residents from their homes Monday evening.
Utah fire officials said the fire was reported near the top of the canyon.
Officials estimate the fire is about 3 to 5 acres and “spreading uphill.”
A helicopter and Unified Fire Authority engines were on the scene, and additional air tankers were ordered.
Investigators have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- One man missing after Utah County home explosion
- Officer hospitalized, given Narcan after fentanyl exposure following foot chase with Utah man
- LIV Golf Chicago: 5 share individual lead; Stinger grabs team lead
- Man pleads guilty to killing 42-year-old Utah father in deadly road rage incident
- Dive into wellness at the free Optum Senior Health Fair at Living Planet Aquarium!