Tuesday morning all evacuations were lifted.
Crews estimate they will have full containment of the fire by 1 p.m. They say the fire burned about 10 acres, but no structures were lost.
SALT LAKE COUNTY (ABC4 News) A wildfire in Emigration Canyon forced residents from their homes Monday evening.
Utah fire officials said the fire was reported near the top of the canyon.
Officials estimate the fire is about 3 to 5 acres and “spreading uphill.”
A helicopter and Unified Fire Authority engines were on the scene, and additional air tankers were ordered.
Investigators have not yet determined the cause of the fire.
This is a developing story. More information will be posted as it becomes available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- George Floyd protesters call on each other to march to the polls
- Son of retired police captain killed by looters pleads: ‘Step back from what you’re doing’
- COVID-19 pandemic’s impact on Salt Lake County revenue
- ‘Tragedy on every level’ says South Jordan mayor about double murder-suicide
- ‘If you can say you can’t breathe, you’re breathing:’ Mississippi mayor apologizes for tweets on George Floyd