EUREKA COUNTY, Nevada (ABC4 News) – Officials with the Eureka County Sheriff’s Office say they are investigating after a man was found unresponsive at the Nevada Gold Mines.
Officials say around 8 a.m. Thursday morning the Eureka County Sheriff’s Office was called to the Gold Strike mine site of Nevada Gold Mines, in rural Eureka County for an unresponsive male.
After extensive efforts from co-workers and the Nevada Gold Mines EMTs, lifesaving measures were unsuccessful, officers say.
Police say the cause of death is under investigation and pending autopsy results.
This is the first Mining death of 2020 in Eureka County.
What others are clicking on:
- Logan elementary student says ‘racism ends with my generation’
- Biden becomes first presidential candidate to reach 80 million votes
- Crews start to demolish the old airport to finish the new one
- Police searching for suspect in veterinary hospital robbery in Sandy
- How to address youth mental health challenges during the pandemic