SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Several vehicles, some without drivers, were spread across I-15 Friday morning.
It happened around 4:15 a.m. southbound near 900 south.
“The semi truck made a lane change to the left and lost control of the semi truck and struck a passenger car on the left side of the road,” Sgt. Jeff Washburn with the Utah Highway Patrol said.
Both vehicles hit the center median, causing a sign to fall off and crash into the northbound lanes. Sgt. Washburn said three drivers hit the sign.
Eventually, the semi jackknifed with the car they originally hit still attached.
“In the process of the crash a car became detached from the semi trailer and also ended up in the middle of the freeway,” he said.
Sgt. Washburn said a total of six or 7 cars were involved, luckily all of the drivers only received minor injuries.
What others are reading:
- Health officials concerned over holiday weekend activities after record high day of positive cases
- Watch: Utah County’s 4th of July Fireworks displays
- Kanye West announces bid for U.S. President
- Davis County K9 dies after months of health-related issues
- Fire in Eagle Mountain caused by spark from heavy equipment