CACHE COUNTY (ABC4 News) – Cache County deputies are looking for a man in a work-release program who failed to report back to the jail.
Deputies said on Thursday, Abraham Gamez, 19, of Hyrum, did not return to the Cache County Jail after his shift.
Gamez was arrested by the Cache-Rich Drug Task Force in August 2019, and he is serving a one-year sentence for offenses related to weapons, drugs, and theft.
Deputies said early in February 2020, the courts granted Gamez the opportunity to participate in the jail work-release program.
They said Gamez was temporarily allowed to leave the jail Wednesday night for work and was then to report back to the jail after his shift Thursday morning.
According to deputies, Gamez ran from the work release program and his whereabouts are unknown.
He was scheduled to be released in October 2020. Deputies describe Gamez as a drug user and gang affiliate with a criminal history.
Anyone with any information about Gamez’s whereabouts is asked to contact law enforcement (435)753-7555.
WHAT OTHERS ARE READING:
- Inbound passengers at Salt Lake International airport will now have to make travel declaration
- Get organized one day at a time, here’s how
- Community health centers to receive emergency coronavirus funding
- Drivers entering Utah will need to complete an online travel declaration form starting Friday
- Beyond the symptoms, doctor breaks down what COVID-19 does to the body