SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4) – After being canceled due to COVID-19 in 2020, the Days of ’47 Parade is returning for 2021.
According to a news release, all of the scheduled events will still be subject to state and local COVID-19 requirements.
“We’re excited to continue these beloved Utah traditions,” says Lane Summerhays, President of
the Days of ’47 Board. “As with many activities canceled, postponed, or altered in 2020 due to
the COVID-19 pandemic, these treasured pioneer traditions were placed on hold. We’re now
ready to celebrate our pioneer heritage as we have done for over a century.”
A schedule and descriptions of the highly anticipated events can be found below:
- Friday-Saturday, March 26, 27, 2021; Closed to the public
- Friday, July 9, and Saturday, July 10, 2021, 8:00 p.m.
- Online Virtual Concert featuring Arts Society of Utah, Salt Lake Symphony performing a celebration of the 50th anniversary of man’s first steps on the moon.
PIONEERS OF PROGRESS
- Thursday, July 15, 2021, The Grand America (Tickets are limited.)
- Reception, 6:30 p.m.; dinner and awards, 7 p.m.
- Awards Gala Banquet honoring modern-day Utahns exhibiting pioneer spirit through industry and integrity
RODEO AND COWBOY GAMES
- Tuesday through Saturday, July 20-24; 8:00 p.m.
- Days of ’47 Arena at Utah State Fair Park, 1000 West 155 North Temple
- Featuring a $1 million rodeo celebrating the modern-day pioneer spirit.
FLOAT PREVIEW PARTY
- Monday and Tuesday, July, 19-20, 2021, 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Mountain America Expo Center, 9575 South State Street
- See parade floats and meet their creators. Free to the public.
DAYS OF ’47 PARADE
- Friday, July 23, 2021; 9:00 a.m.
- Route begins at South Temple and State Street; Ends at Liberty Park
- One of the oldest parades in the United States Floats, bands, horses, clowns, and more!
- Friday, July 23, 2021, 7:00 A.M. (Must be seated by 6:50 a.m.)
- The Assembly Hall on Temple Squire, 50 West North Temple
- Music provided by The Salt Lake Valley Combined Institute Choir, directed by Alan C. Sackett.
FIRST ENCAMPMENT HIKE (Free)
- Saturday, July 17, 2021; 7:00 a.m.
- Donner Park, 2770 East 990 South (East of Hogle Zoo)
- Walk in the footsteps of the 1847 pioneers, commemorating the first pioneer campsite in the valley.
Anyone who would like more information on the events can visit daysof47.com.