KAYSVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Utah Highway Patrol release dash cam video of a trooper trying to stop an erratic driver along the freeway in Davis County Wednesday.
UHP said the video shows the incident that started at about 8:22 a.m. when a Davis County Trooper observed a pick-up truck traveling at freeway speeds suddenly swerve into the barrier on I-15 in Kaysville at mile post 327.
The truck continued to impact the center median barrier, where at one point the truck lost a tire. The driver continued to travel down I-15 at a slow speed while the Trooper’s emergency lights and siren were activated.
The Trooper used “Modified police intervention techniques” to get the driver to finally come to a stop.
It was later determined that the driver was experiencing a medical episode. He was evaluated by Troopers, Kaysville Fire Department Personnel and Davis County Sheriff’s Office Paramedics.
- Auto insurance companies return $800 million in premiums because no one is driving
- Wildfire trucks retrofitted to operate as ambulances because of COVID-19
- Survey: People working from home are neglecting personal hygiene
- KFC donates meals to health care workers in Utah
- Utah could be out of COVID-19 testing supplies in one week