HARRISVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News)- A fire that started in the garage spread through most of a Harrisville home Wednesday morning.
The home is located near 300 West 2400 North.
Dave Wade, Fire Chief North View Fire District said the homeowners smelled smoke about ten minutes after they were working in the garage.
“They opened the door to the garage, saw the smoke, shut the door and got out of the house and called us,” Chief Wade said.
All of the people in the home made it out and crews were able to get the pets in the home out safely as well.
The exact cause of the fire is under investigation.
Other top stories:
- Woman and son transported to hospital after apartment fire in Salt Lake City
- Haynie family funeral: Father and son speak of faith, community support and keeping memories alive as they move forward
- Utah zoo disputes placement on ‘Worst Zoos for Elephants’ list
- Salt Lake City makes historic appointment
- Tribal leaders oppose new resolution supporting schools using Native American mascots