Get Utah’s latest news sent to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to the free ABC4 daily newsletter.
The couple was indicted on the following charges:
Chad and Lori Daybell:
- Two counts of first conspiracy to commit first degree murder and grand theft by deception in the death of Tylee Ryan
- Two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow
- Conspiracy to commit first degree murder in the death of Tammy Daybell
- Grand theft related social security survivor benefits over $1,000 allocated for the care of minors Tylee Ryan and JJ Vallow
- First-degree murder in the death of his former wife Tammy Daybell
- Two counts of insurance fraud, as he was the beneficiary for life insurance policies on Tammy Daybell and received funds after her death
The indictments come on the day Joshua “JJ” Vallow would have turned 9 years old and nearly one year after both children’s bodies were discovered on Chad’s Fremont County property.
This is a developing story. It will be updated as ABC4 obtains more information.