SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Canyons School District has pushed back the first day of school for the fall semester by one week.
The school district says school will now start on August 24th instead of the initial August 17th.
Canyons board members say this will give Canyons teachers, principals, and education support professionals, extra time to prepare for the school year.
Salt Lake City schools also will also see a delayed start to the school year. Board members voted in July to begin the school year after Labor Day on September 8.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Additional measures now in place at Jordan School District before a school moves from in-person to online learning
- UEA president says it may not be a ‘powerhouse year’ academically, but students are learning ‘incredible life lessons’
- Research suggests long-term impacts from COVID-19 learning loss; a Utah school district shares some of the challenges their students face
- Online only for Ogden School District on November 24th
- COVID-19 testing efforts ramp up at the University of Utah, allowing access to all students