SANDY, Utah (ABC4 News) – The Canyons School District has pushed back the first day of school for the fall semester by one week.
The school district says school will now start on August 24th instead of the initial August 17th.
Canyons board members say this will give Canyons teachers, principals, and education support professionals, extra time to prepare for the school year.
Salt Lake City schools also will also see a delayed start to the school year. Board members voted in July to begin the school year after Labor Day on September 8.
LATEST NEWS STORIES:
- Some students’ grades are slipping during the pandemic
- Salt Lake City School District to propose plan to return to in-person learning
- Bonneville High school moves back to online learning due to COVID-19 outbreak
- Salt Lake City School District students rally in hopes for in-person learning to resume
- Additional measures now in place at Jordan School District before a school moves from in-person to online learning