CENTERVILLE, Utah (ABC4 News) – Buckling roadway due to excessive heat forced lane closures in Centerville Tuesday evening.
The Utah Department of Transportation closed three left lanes on northbound I-15 at milepost 319 near Parrish Lane.
John Gleason with UDOT advised the public to avoid I-15 northbound if they are traveling to Davis County.
Gleason said Legacy Highway was open to all traffic as crews worked to repair the problem.
Crews were able to patch up the road with a “quick fix,” but a permanent repair will take place Thursday night starting at 10 p.m.
What others are reading:
- Man shot by police to face trial on assault charges
- ‘It’s a powerless feeling’: Troopers describe being hit, urge drivers to slow down in inclement weather
- Stabbing reported at Millcreek bowling alley
- Police have a person of interest in suspicious death of Holladay woman
- Thousands of ‘penis fish’ wash onto Bay Area beach