FARMINGTON, Utah (ABC4 News) – Multiple agencies responded to a brush fire in Farmington Tuesday afternoon.
Personnel with Farmington City Department, South Davis Metro Fire and the Bureau of Land Management are on the scene near 1245 North 200 West.
Firefighters battled the flames of the estimated 3-acre fire on the hillside east of Compton Road.
Officials have not said how the fire started, but thunderstorms popped up all across Northern Utah Tuesday afternoon.
Officials say there is no threat to the nearby homes at this time and the fire was contained within a few hours.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON:
- It’s a big shopping weekend: Keep your car and valuables safe
- Provo businessman found guilty in medical study sex abuse case
- Feds move forward with plan for three-digit suicide prevention hotline
- 2 arrested in connection with inmate escape
- Police believe theft suspects have been targeting local gyms