UPDATE Final: 12:20 pm 1-07– Police have the remains of the individual found in Hells Canyon Sunday as 51-year-old Robert Lowery.
UPDATE 1: 02:50pm 01-05 – Detective Gren Wilking of the SLCPD said the body found is a man in his 50’s. They have identified him and are holding the name pending notification of relatives.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A body was found in Hells Canyon near the state capitol, on the Ensign Peak Trail.
Police closed the trail while they investigated and removed the body.
Police did not know the gender of the body and a medical examiner was brought on site.
The investigation is ongoing, and Police are expected to give more information as it becomes available.
The story is developing, and ABC4 News will update as more information becomes available.
- ‘Luxury prisons for the rich’: Kouri Richins’ Google searches after allegedly killing husband
- Indiana man accused of shooting mouse stuck to trap
- WATCH: Gator grabs underwater drone during marine unit training
- 2 people rescued from burning vehicle after Apple Watch crash detection notified police
- What is a ‘dupe’ on TikTok? Here’s the meaning behind the trend