UPDATE Final: 12:20 pm 1-07– Police have the remains of the individual found in Hells Canyon Sunday as 51-year-old Robert Lowery.
UPDATE 1: 02:50pm 01-05 – Detective Gren Wilking of the SLCPD said the body found is a man in his 50’s. They have identified him and are holding the name pending notification of relatives.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A body was found in Hells Canyon near the state capitol, on the Ensign Peak Trail.
Police closed the trail while they investigated and removed the body.
Police did not know the gender of the body and a medical examiner was brought on site.
The investigation is ongoing, and Police are expected to give more information as it becomes available.
The story is developing, and ABC4 News will update as more information becomes available.
- Petition aims to remove Springville officer of 20 years for alleged unethical behavior
- Tremonton man in custody after alleged domestic violence incident
- U of U Health updates hours of operation at COVID-19 in-car testing
- Mistakenly released suspect in racial attack of missionary back behind bars
- Florida lawmakers celebrate space launch return to the state