UPDATE Final: 12:20 pm 1-07– Police have the remains of the individual found in Hells Canyon Sunday as 51-year-old Robert Lowery.
UPDATE 1: 02:50pm 01-05 – Detective Gren Wilking of the SLCPD said the body found is a man in his 50’s. They have identified him and are holding the name pending notification of relatives.
SALT LAKE CITY (ABC4 News) – A body was found in Hells Canyon near the state capitol, on the Ensign Peak Trail.
Police closed the trail while they investigated and removed the body.
Police did not know the gender of the body and a medical examiner was brought on site.
The investigation is ongoing, and Police are expected to give more information as it becomes available.
The story is developing, and ABC4 News will update as more information becomes available.
- Small Utah business proud to have created the largest American flag at the inauguration
- Man killed in West Valley crash
- Among dozens of inaugurations, President Biden’s Bible stands out
- President Biden signs 15 executive orders within hours of taking oath
- Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott to leave his post in June