Boy scout severely burned in Spanish Fork

Local News
boy scouts _2715883561312340125

SPANISH FORK (News4Utah)- A 12-year-old boy scout suffered significant burns Wednesday night while making camping burners with other scouts, police said.

Investigators say the flammable liquid used in making the burner ignited and caught his clothes on fire.

The boy suffered significant burns to his hands and arms, and less significant  burns to his legs and face, Lt. Anderson with Spanish Fork Police said.

It happened just before 8:30 p.m. near 800 East 400 North.

There was also an older male who was burned, Lt. Anderson said, but his injuries were not severe.

Copyright 2020 Nexstar Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.