SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (ABC4 News)- Do you or someone you know have a talent for designing murals?
The Salt Lake City Department of Airports is looking for an artist to paint murals in the Mid-Concourse Tunnel, part of the redevelopment of Salt Lake International.
The tunnel will transport passengers between Concourse A and Concourse B once the New SLC Airport’s north concourse is scheduled to open on October 27, 2020, six weeks after the south concourse opens.
The airport is looking for two artists to paint the murals which are each 144-feet long.
Paintings will be themed in Utah’s four seasons–each mural will represent a season.
Artists interested can send in a Request for Qualifications (RFQ) and should demonstrate a proficiency in executing work on a similar scope and scale.
Artists that already live in Utah are strongly encouraged to apply.
Representatives from the airport and art community will review the submissions and narrow it down to four finalists.
The four finalists will tour the construction site to see the Mid-Concourse Tunnel firsthand before proposing concepts for the space.
Two artists will then be selected for the final installation.
What others are reading:
- Congressman McAdams discharged from hospital to continue COVID-19 recovery at home
- Checkpoints set up along Florida-Alabama border to keep COVID-19 from spreading in the sunshine state
- US coronavirus deaths double in two days, surpasses 2,000
- Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints killed in car crash
- Caught on Tape: Tornado tears through shopping area in Arkansas