SUMMIT COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – Search and rescue teams in Summit County are working to help a 70-year-old woman who was injured after she was struck by a boulder Monday afternoon.
Summit County Sheriff’s said the call came in at 1:30 p.m. to respond to the injured woman who was in the Hayden Peak area (35 miles east of Kamas on Mirror Lake Highway).
Deputies said the woman was hiking when a boulder fell on her. She has a possible broken femur, arm, and head injuries. Search and Rescue is doing a hoist operation with Life Flight to get the woman to safety and then transported to the hospital.
What others are clicking on:
- Those struggling with opioid misuse can call 2-1-1 for support, treatment options
- PLAYOFF PREVIEW: Round 2 – Green Bay Packers head to San Francisco with Super Bowl berth on the line
- A look inside the Lost and Found at Lambeau Field
- Lambeau’s very own tailgating hype band
- Police searching for suspect in Eagle Mountain armed robbery