SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (News4Utah) – A popular Chinese restaurant has been closed after health officials cited them for 36 different health code violations, including mouse infestation and dirty conditions.
Ho Ho Gourmet, located at 1504 South State Street was closed on June 27 and then re-opened on June 29. The following is a list of the violations they had to correct prior to re-opening their doors to the public:
1. There are numerous mouse droppings in the basement preparation and storage areas.
2. There is a mouse infestation in the basement preparation area.
3. Open rodent bait stations are stored in the service area.
4. A food container is being used to store poisonous or toxic materials (sanitizer).
5. Raw chicken is measuring 82°F on a counter.
6. Garlic oil mixture is measuring 72°F on a counter.
7. Cut leafy greens are measuring 62°F on a counter.
8. Sauces, raw meats, and various foods are measuring 45°F in the walk-in cooler.
9. The walk-in cooler is unable to hold potentially hazardous foods at or below 41°F. A 45° F minimum was recorded.
10. Cutting boards are scratched and scored and no longer easily cleanable.
11. Dirty food containers are stored for use.
12. Surfaces of the stand mixer above the bowl are dirty.
13. Shelves in the walk-in cooler are unclean to sight and touch.
14. The hand sink is being used for other purposes.
15. Not all floor/wall junctures are coved and sealed.
16. Ventilation hood baffles art not tight fitted.
17. Food containers are not labeled with the common name of the food.
18. The interior of the microwave is unclean.
19. Fried tofu is measuring 71°F on the counter.
20. Wet wiping cloths are not stored in sanitizer solution.
21. A chemical spray bottle is not labeled with the common name.
22. Reach-in cooler handles are dirty.
23. Reach-in cooler gaskets are dirty.
24. Shelves in the kitchen are dirty.
25. Various floor surfaces are not smooth, durable, easily cleanable and non-absorbent. (walk-in cooler).
26. Clean equipment is stored on the floor.
27. Clean equipment is not covered or inverted to prevent contamination.
28. Food in the walk-in cooler is not covered to prevent contamination.
29. Food is being stored on the floor in the walk-in freezer.
30. Domestic-style freezer is not durable for commercial use.
31. The inlet of the to crab tank is below the water level line.
32. Various wall and floor surfaces in the basement area are damaged.
33. The floor is dirty beneath cooking equipment.
34. The floor is dirty in various areas.
35. Floor sinks are dirty.
36. The walls in the walk-in cooler are moldy.