UTAH COUNTY, Utah (ABC4 News) – 100 gallons of weed killer spilled after a crash involving a Utah Department of Transportation truck Thursday morning.
According to Utah Highway Patrol, a UDOT truck was doing weed maintenance with a 300 gallon tank along westbound U.S. Highway 189 near Canyon Glen Park around 11:30 a.m.
Troopers said while the worker was going along the highway, the driver of a F450 truck pulling a utility bed hit the UDOT truck.
During the collision the UDOT truck’s tank separated and about 100 gallons spilled from the tank.
Hazmat is currently on scene. No one was injured.
*correction – It was reported to ABC4 by law enforcement that the weed killer spilled into the Provo River, however that has since been retracted.
What others are clicking on:
- Semi hauling meat product catches fire, closes portion of I-80 near I-84
- SWAT responding to incident in Salt Lake City
- Georgia Republican says she has filed articles of impeachment against Biden
- Biden ordering help as talks start on big aid plan
- Donovan Mitchell scores season-high 36 points as Jazz win 7th straight, 129-118